You’ve invested in the best sod on the market. Maintain it with products that will keep your grass looking as good as it did when you first planted it.
- Apply BioGrass Suståne® when temperatures are fairly cool and your lawn is dry.
- For best results, apply fertilizer with a broadcast-spreader rather than a drop spreader. Please read your spreader manual carefully so you do not burn your lawn. Typically the setting should be at 5 or 6. This is for a medium or average application. use a higher setting if needed. Apply Sustane fertilizer to your lawn and garden three times per year. Use the holidays as a memory guide (i.e. Easter, 4th of July and Halloween for a winterizer).
- New BioGrass sod does best with all-natural Suståne 4-6-4 fertilizer underneath the sod. Spread the fertilizer on the bare dirt if possible. If not, spread it on the grass. Water the ground immediately after applying.
- BioGrass 18-1-8+Fe is a balanced, naturally based fertilizer that works any time of year. IMPORTANT NOTE: Because this fertilizer contains 1% iron, you must sweep it off all concrete and stone surfaces near fertilized ground before watering. Otherwise, permanent rust stains will appear.
- Water all fertilized areas immediately following fertilization. Begin a normal watering schedule after that.
- Suståne 4-6-4 fertilizer comes in a 50-lb. bag that covers 2,000 square feet. Suståne 18-1-8+Fe comes in a 50-lb. bag that covers 8,000 square feet.